hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Priyanka B <priyanka.bhale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTrace
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 18:51:54 GMT
Hi Masatake,

I was not able to get the client traces but I can find a workaround to
generate those spans myself and get a graph. I had one more question related
to htrace.

If both client process and server use the same file to log htraces, then is
there a possibility of corruption while writing to the span log file? Since
there will be 2 JVMs writing to the same file. In addition, our client is
multithreaded too. I can use synchronize on the client side and make sure
multiple threads write the client spans in order, however there can be a
problem if a server span is being written at the same time. Let me know what
you recommend. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Priyanka