hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Distributed Log Replay in branch-1
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 01:35:52 GMT
On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Enis Söztutar <enis.soz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ....The other
> > problem is that we cannot have only DLR since if the table is offline DLS
> > is needed, which forces us to maintain and test two different subsystems.

I remembered this from discussions with Jeffrey. Found it in the code in
WALSplitter.java:

    // The following sink is used in distrubitedLogReplay mode for entries
of regions in a disabling

    // table. It's a limitation of distributedLogReplay. Because log replay
needs a region is

    // assigned and online before it can replay wal edits while regions of
disabling/disabled table

    // won't be assigned by AM. We can retire this code after HBASE-8234