hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating tar ball has issues
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:21:02 GMT
If Java 1.8 is used, I encounter the following error:

[INFO] Restricted to JDK 1.7 yet jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.8:system
contains com/sun/javadoc/package-info.class targeted to JDK 1.8
[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.EnforceBytecodeVersion
failed with message:
HBase has unsupported dependencies.
  HBase requires that all dependencies be compiled with version 1.7 or
earlier
  of the JDK to properly build from source.  You appear to be using a newer
dependency. You can use
  either "mvn -version" or "mvn enforcer:display-info" to verify what
version is active.
  Non-release builds can temporarily build with a newer JDK version by
setting the
  'compileSource' property (eg. mvn -DcompileSource=1.8 clean package).
Found Banned Dependency: jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.8

I get the same error when specifying -Pbuild-with-jdk8

FYI