hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Pubudu Gunatilaka <pubudu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Fully distribution mode - Cannot resolve regionserver hostname
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:33:04 GMT
Hi,

I looked into HBASE-12954. But could not figure out a way of solving the
issue. I noticed one thing in region servers. When I try to add a region
server separately, it adds as two servers. One from the ip address and
other from the hostname. Is this an expected outcome? I have attached a
screen shot.

Following are the configurations of my hbase-site.xml.

<configuration>
        <property>
                <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
                <value>hdfs://172.17.0.205:54310/hbase</value>
        </property>

        <property>
                <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
                <value>true</value>
        </property>

        <property>
                <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
                <value>/opt/HBASE/zookeeper</value>
        </property>

        <property>
          <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
          <value>172.17.0.207</value>
        </property>

        <property>
          <name>hbase.master.info.bindAddress</name>
          <value>172.17.0.216</value>
        </property>

        <property>
          <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
          <value>2181</value>
        </property>

</configuration>

Any help on this is appreciated.