hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does hbase:meta splits?
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 09:00:10 GMT
Meta table does not split currently, although this topic does come up
every once in a while. You may want to look at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11165 - there's discussion
on that topic you may find useful and interesting

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12016 - this is an
improvement which was made in 1.0 (and backported to 0.98) which
allows you to set number of cell versions to be kept in meta table,
which could save space for large metas.

Do you have a usecase where this becomes a real bottleneck for you?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 1:44 AM, gzh1992n <gzh1992n@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently,I am reading code of HBase- and I find -root- table was
> removed in HBase-0.96.
> now,the locating process is "look up zookeeper --> query hbase:meta --> get
> region location".
> I'm confused that hbase:meta is so large how to maintain without -root-?

Michael Antonov

View raw message