hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] non-public comments on jira
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:00:48 GMT
So the primary scenario I can think of for non-public comments on jira
would be if one of our community members was dealing with harassment from
outside of our community. In that case, their visibility would draw in more
grief for themselves and our community generally.

Unfortunately, the structure of ASF projects would still leave such a
person incapable of participating due to the public nature of all the rest
of our interactions. Their best coping mechanism would be to operate under
a pseudonym and in that case their jira comments need not be any less
public.

Another data point: when non-public comments are deleted AFAICT there's no
visible record of the comment having existed even as a project
administrator (I presume there is still some record available to jira-wide
admins). So only folks watching the ticket will have an email record.

--
Sean