hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Distributed Log Replay in branch-1
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 14:53:21 GMT
Hi Folks!

For the 1.2 release, I think the consensus is to disable Distributed Log
Replay by default due to lack of sufficient testing. At least, that's the
only feedback I've heard so far. :)

Anyone object to that?

Presuming no one does,what do folks think about just disabling it by
default in the current branch-1?

That isn't to say it couldn't switch to on-by-default at a latter 1.y
release. It's just that we had to turn it off right before the 1.1 releases
as well, and I'd prefer we avoid these last minute changes in favor of
waiting until someone has the time to prioritize thorough testing.

--
Sean