hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject DISCUSSION: lets do a developer workshop on near-term work
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:18:06 GMT
Matteo and I were thinking it time devs got together for a pow-wow. There
is a bunch of stuff in flight at the moment (see below list) and it would
be good to meet and whiteboard, surface goodo ideas that have gone dormant
in JIRA, or revisit designs/proposals out in JIRA-attached google doc that
need socializing.

You can only come if you are wearing your bullshit hat.

Topics we'd go over could include:

+ Our filesystem layout will not work if 1M regions (Matteo/Stack)
+ Current state of the offheaping of read path and alternate KeyValue
implementation (Anoop/Ram)
+ Append rejigger (Elliott)
+ A Pv2-based Assign (Matteo/Steven)
+ Splitting meta/1M regions
+ The revived Backup (Vladimir)
+ Time (Enis)
+ The overloaded SequenceId (Stack)
+ Upstreaming IT testing (Dima/Sean)
+ hbase-2.0.0

I put names by folks I know could talk to the topic. If you want to take
over a topic or put your name by one, just say.  Suggest that discussion
lead off with a 5-10minute on current state of

What do others think?

What date would suit folks?

Anyone want to host?

Matteo and St.Ack