hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Distributed Log Replay in branch-1
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 02:42:26 GMT
Thanks Enis. That is a hole.

In new runs, I found a new failure mode (See HBASE-14028). I think it will
take a week or so to fix both issues -- given it takes a while for tests to
complete not to mind I'm slow at the best of times -- and that is presuming
I don't find any more new problems. Even then, there are so many moving
pieces, I'm not sure how confident I'd be in the end result (If we fail to
clear the recovering zk node for any reason, the region goes write-only).

Agree it is a good idea. Assignment hopefully will be very different in 2.0
built on a more solid foundation. Let's redo this good idea atop the new
underpinnings. Meantime I'm in favor of disabling it in branch-1 and just
removing the current implementation from the code base completely.