hbase-dev mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to generate thrift classes ?
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:34:34 GMT
Hi Ashish

I have tried adding thrift files for some cases while doing Tags and
visibility labels.
Pls take a look at this link for reference - may be it is obselete but
could be helpful.

Take a look at HBASE-9884 for the sample case.

It is like the protobuf changes that we do.  We will have the hbase.thrift
file under
\hbase\hbase-thrift\src\main\resources\org\apache\hadoop\hbase\thrift.

You need to download a thrift complier as suggested in the link above.
Once you make the change you need to use the thrift exe to generate the
files.
Once generated you to change the Thrift packages which will be using these
generated java files.  I need to check in your case what changes would be
coming in the thrift side. Let me know if you need more information.

Regards
Ram