hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] correcting abusive behavior on mailing lists was (Re: [DISCUSS] Multi-Cluster HBase Client)
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 17:16:45 GMT
Also, just for your information, since I haven't seen it mentioned here
yet, Apache recently developed a Foundation wide code of conduct:
http://apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html . (Someone reminded me
off list.) Please consider reviewing it if you haven't previously.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> For those who are advocating moderation, would you be opposed if I propose
> a 3 month ban for a vote? If you are not opposed, then we should be able to
> achieve consensus here without needing a vote to take place.
>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Nicolas Liochon <nkeywal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > You’re a developer, or just some higher level primate that pounds code?
>>
>> And it's not the first time. A 3 month ban seems ok to me.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Cody Marcel <cmarcel@salesforce.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Seems odd to create extra work for already crazy busy volunteers. You
>> would
>> > basically be moderating one individual. Just objectively look at whether
>> > the value he adds to the community outweighs the time and emotional
>> capitol
>> > spent in these conversations. I suspect the fact the this thread is
>> > happening is because some people have reached their limits to the abuse.

Segal - any
>> and
HBase mailing