hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: HTrace
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:51:19 GMT
 > Thank you for getting back to me. Yes I see the Client_htrace.out getting
 > created on the client node. However it is empty. We are using htrace-2.04
 > version. I believe that writes the span asynchronously. Also the
client node
 > is running tomcat for serving requests. Would this be a problem?

Hmm... Do you have multiple processes on the client?
SpanReceiverHost must be initialized in each process.
If you call SpanReceiverHost#getInstance in one process and
call Trace#startSpan in another process,
the client span is not written to file.

I think running Tomcat is not related to the issue.

 > Is there any need to call closeReceivers in the client side code ? I
tried
 > it but that did not seem to work.

SpanReceiverHost#closeReceivers should be called on just before process exit
but spans will be written to file immediately without that.