hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] correcting abusive behavior on mailing lists was (Re: [DISCUSS] Multi-Cluster HBase Client)
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:08:45 GMT
(I took the liberty of moving us off of Ted's feature discussion thread)

A three month ban sounds better than a permanent ban. But it still seems
likely to just result in the ban-ee walking away from teh community or
escalating.

Would we consider enforcing moderation on posts for the three month period
instead of an outright ban?

It's more work for whomever has moderator rights on the mailing list, but
it provides a better feedback cycle for improved behavior. Presuming that I
don't already have such access as a PMC member, I'd be willing to volunteer
to help take on part of the burden.

-Sean

--
Sean