hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject branch-1.2 is now active
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 04:39:26 GMT
Hi folks!

I just pushed branch-1.2 and updated branch-1 to be 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT[0]. I
plan to spend this week reviewing things and learning the mechanics of
release candidates.

I'm hoping to put up a first RC on Monday June 22nd. At that point the
release will be feature frozen.

Over the rest of this week I'll be going through jira and pushing things
out. If you are working such a ticket and have a feature that you can still
get in before Monday, please feel free to add it.

If you are committing bug fixes, please aim to include branch-1.2.

As a reminder, for inclusion in the 1.2 release line I'm looking for
features to meet a basic set of guidelines[1]:

* ITBLL passes with feature off and on under duress
* ACID checks pass with feature off and on under duress
* Some kind of verification that we don't backslide on security features
* Feature docs in ref guide, presuming it is user facing at all
* Operability tools to handle correctness checks and recovery
* Perf analysis with feature off and on for both intended workloads and
baseline

There's a sunny-day automated run of ITBLL and ACID now[2]. I can
expand those to include master if folks have things there that they
wish to see a basic check of.

[0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13908
[1]: http://s.apache.org/uO3
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13750