hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject "Why We Use Apache HBase", first post
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 21:29:29 GMT
Greetings HBase users and developers,

On the Apache HBase blog at https://blogs.apache.org/hbase we have just
published the first in a series of posts on "Why We Use Apache HBase", in
which we let HBase users and developers borrow our blog so they can
showcase their successful HBase use cases, talk about why they use HBase,
and discuss what worked and what didn't.

Today's entry "Scalable Distributed Transactional Queues on Apache HBase" is
a guest post by Terence Yim, a Software Engineer at Cask (cask.io),
responsible for designing and building realtime processing systems on
Hadoop and HBase, republished from the Cask engineering blog. Find it here:
https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/scalable_distributed_transactional_queues_on
.

If you are using Apache HBase and would like to share your experiences with
the HBase user community, please contact me at apurtell@apache.org and let
us know of your interest. It's fine if the material has already been
published on your own company blog. We will provide editorial assistance as
needed.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy