hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Multi-Cluster HBase Client
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:59:57 GMT
It was suggested privately that we try a temporary ban first, to be clear
that current behavior and communication is unacceptable and won't be
tolerated further, yet allow for the possibility of a return to the
community should the message be received. So let me amend my proposal - a
three month temporary ban.

Also, the reason I am asking for public feedback before calling for a vote
is this would be the first time in the history of the project we would take
this very unfortunate step. It pains me personally but enough is enough, in
my opinion. However, if you are not comfortable with that then please speak
up and I won't ask the PMC to vote on this.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)