hbase-dev mailing list archives

From okoza <okozacze...@goodgamestudios.com>
Subject Re: Brief Explanation of HBase Connection/Security ansd help with java connection to remote Hbase
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 09:35:58 GMT
Actually we're not using HBase, but MapR with underlying MapR-DB. I figured
since I still have to use the HBase Java API the connection would be the
same, which is not the case since MapR uses their own security system. So
now I am trying to figure out how to do it via JAAS or JPAM (since we're not
using Kerberos), not entirely sure yet. But this doesn't really belong in
this forum I think (except somebody could provide me with an example ;)
So sorry for the inconvenience!