hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: Mock HTableInterface
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 14:30:03 GMT
One possibility is fake-hbase from the guys working on kiji:
https://github.com/kijiproject/fake-hbase

Alternatively, HTableInterface is just that, an interface. You can put
whatever implementation you want behind it. We have many implementations of
HTableInterface for a variety of use cases. At one time we had one that
backs everything by a series of maps, for testing. We've moved away from
that in favor of fake-hbase though.

Finally, mockito does work like you said, in that way you can specialize
each mocked table on a per-test basis