hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Updating the YCSB client for HBase
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 17:25:36 GMT
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodionov@gmail.com>

> One suggestion:
> Can we move from simplistic scenarios towards more realistic ones? When
> client - server interaction can involve server-side
> processing as well? HBase is good at that.
> One example: credit card fraud application which usually, for every
> transaction, involves analyzing client TXs for past xx months as well
> as verification of a vendor (simplistic description but nevertheless ...)?
> Another example: sensor data stream -> server calculates and updates
> multiple aggregates for every sensor reading.
> -Vlad

I'd love to see more realistic workloads represented. We'd have to come up
with a reasonable abstraction that could be implemented by the different
datastore projects. My guess is this will take some discussion. Care to
open up an issue on the github repo[1]?

[1]: https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/issues