hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Updating the YCSB client for HBase
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 16:28:24 GMT
Hi Folks!

I've recently become a maintainer on YCSB. We're looking to get a release
out in June (our first in several years). We'll probably begin release
candidates in a couple of weeks.

I'd really like to improve the experience of folks using HBase; the current
state of the datastore binding leaves much to be desired. Right now, people
can't even reliably run against multiple versions of HBase. I *think* only
using 1.0+ client jars works, regardless of old/new API usage. I'll find
out for sure in RC testing.

Unfortunately, my time on the project is quickly absorbed handling reviews
and community management efforts. I know a few folks in the HBase community
have made their own changes over the last few years. If folks could find
some time to rebase their forks for the current state of the master branch
and submit pull requests I'd be super grateful.

--
Sean