hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the YCSB client for HBase
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 17:21:21 GMT
One suggestion:

Can we move from simplistic scenarios towards more realistic ones? When
client - server interaction can involve server-side
processing as well? HBase is good at that.

One example: credit card fraud application which usually, for every
transaction, involves analyzing client TXs for past xx months as well
as verification of a vendor (simplistic description but nevertheless ...)?

Another example: sensor data stream -> server calculates and updates
multiple aggregates for every sensor reading.

-Vlad