hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.1.0 (RC1) is available.
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 20:39:01 GMT
I see that a new RC is coming but here is what I have done on this one so
far and will carry over most to the next as is except for signature, source
build, unit test, and RAT checks:

- Checked sums and signatures
- Unpacked src tarball, layout looks good
- Built from source with defaults
- Built from source with Hadoop 2.2.0
- RAT check passed
- Unit test suite mostly passed. TestRegionServerHostname fails
consistently for me, see HBASE-13676. It's not something I would consider
worthy of sinking a RC.
- Unpacked bin tarball, layout looks good
- Spot checked docs, looks good
- Ran LTT with 1M keys, latencies stable after warmup. Some minor issues
with log levels (HBASE-13673, HBASE-13674, HBASE-13675), again nothing
worth sinking a RC over.