hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ruby shell versions for HBase 2.0
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 18:16:00 GMT
Hmmm.

So if we move to a different tech, the modifications / customizations people have done are
going to be useless.
If we upgrade to a new version of JRuby, some scripts may not have issues, others may have
some , and a third group would have major rewrites.

The interesting / downside to JRuby is that within the entire eco system… no other use of
JRuby.

If you were going to switch… maybe Python? (Jython)