hbase-dev mailing list archives

From ashish singhi <ashish.sin...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Scan priority based on type of request origin
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 09:38:49 GMT
Thanks for the quick responses.

@Anoop:
Yes, we were also thinking of implementing it along the same lines.

@Ram:
High priority request should be always given preference over all other scan request.
As per my understanding in the current implementation of deadline the scenario cannot be satisfied.
Consider a case when there is one normal priority request (submitted at t1) with deadline
X in the queue and one more high priority request (Submitted at t2 >= t1 + x ) with zero
deadline. In the current implementation the normal priority request will be offered from the
queue. But our scenario require high priority request to be offered.  So there is a need of
some more decision parameters (such as priority) in the Scheduler logic.
Please correct me If I am missing something.

Vladimir Rodionov wrote
> Scanner prioritization is not sufficient, there are a lot of other IO activity (compaction,
flushing, logging), which can severely affect high priority scanners.

> HBase IO scheduler anyone?

Yes I agree, Scan priority alone is not sufficient enough but its required at first place.
With stuffs like IO scheduler the solution will be complete.

Regards,
Ashish Singhi