hbase-dev mailing list archives

From ashish singhi <ashish.sin...@huawei.com>
Subject Scan priority based on type of request origin
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 06:26:39 GMT
Hello folks.

We had a customer scenario to support scan priority based on type of request origin. Consider
the scenario , where in n number of scan requests are generated from different clients. Some
of these requests are high priority as they are originated from high privileged users OR from
data viewer Web UI etc. Such request should not wait and must finish execution at the earliest
compare to other requests.

We went through the code and found that HBase support for de-prioritizing long running scanner(HBASE-10993)
and providing super user rpc requests higher priority comparing to other users(HBASE-13375).
So this means apart from super user all other user request will be treated as same and with
normal QOS.

Let us know if there are any existing solutions already available which may be we are missing.

If implementing this make sense , we can implement this in community.

Regards,
Ashish Singhi