hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 龚俊衡 <junheng.g...@icloud.com>
Subject Hbase client create many threads
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 02:52:59 GMT
When batch get some data from cluster, the client will block some threads base on region server
In code client use Future.get block a thread for each related region servers and wait them
finish one by one.
In our case we have 12 region servers, so most of time the client will cost 12 threads for
a batch get, if we have many concurrent request it will OOM by can not create native threads.
I suggest we use some kind async or call back to process region server's response.