hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK7 Language Features
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 05:07:37 GMT
Great. I assume that is our consensus then to allow JDK 7 features in 1.x, including 1.0.x.
Great!

Re: JDK8 for HBase 2.0. Assuming HBase 2.0 is at least a few months out I'd be +1 on that.

-- Lars

      From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>

 Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:35 PM
 Subject: Re: JDK7 Language Features

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

With HBASE-11666 in place, can we now start to use JDK 7 language features across the board,
starting in 1.0.x?
I know we had discussion, but it wasn't entirely clear whether that allowed for using JDK
7 language features or not.

I believe a number of commits have brought Java7 language syntax into 1.x, primarily try-with-resource.