hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDK7 Language Features
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 18:35:00 GMT
We are already using Java 7 language features in 1.0 and up: try-with-resources, the diamond
operator. I sometimes have to massage this when backporting to 0.98, which is >= 6, not
>= 7.

I also don't think we should consider anything to do with Hadoop 3.0 until there's talk of
them doing an actual release of it.

As far as moving up the minimum Java version for HBase 2.0 to Java 8, this seems reasonable
since we've already passed the end of public updates for Java 7. +1