hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Rolling Upgrade 0.98 -> 1.1
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:16:12 GMT
We're pretty late in the game to bring this up, but I want to make sure
we're all on the same page. I believe we want to support rolling upgrades
as there have been blocker tickets opened against the release to this
effect. The two things I'm aware of that cause problems here are table
state in meta (HBASE-13017) and distributed log replay (HBASE-12577). Are
there any others we should be aware of? When I search for "Hadoop Flags:
Incompatible change" [0] I do get a couple hits, but I don't think this
flag is well socialized.

Given the resolution outlined for table states, I'm prone to punt this one
to 1.2.

For DLR, we have HBASE-12743 opened without clear progress. Devaraj also
mentioned to me that he's been tracking troubles around this feature his
test runs. Unless someone wants to crack this nut today or tomorrow, I
think we should toggle it off. HBASE-13584.

Other items?

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: