hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.0.1 (RC1) is available. Please vote by April 16 2015
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:15:21 GMT
I will sink this RC in favor of getting
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13479 in.

For those who are not following the parent jira, and the changes recently:

1.0.0 is released with master being a region server. We had removed
configuration options hbase.master.port, hbase.master.info.port and others.
Master by default binds to RS ports. The idea was that we want to go to a
model where master is a RS and over the long term we get rid of backup
masters and masters and have only 1 daemon type. This is not happening soon
enough, and we do not want to cause further inconvenience to users. So, we
should bring the 0.98 master config options back so that users do not take
a hit unnecessarily.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13453 for more context. If
you have any concerns, now would be a good time to raise.

Enis