hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Third release candidate for HBase 1.0.1 (RC2) is available. Please vote by April 24 2015
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:39:02 GMT
I think the agreement is to continue with the RC.

> One note... in the japi report, I was a little surprised when I noticed
method additions to InterfaceAudience.Public annotated classes. This means
that a user could write code against 1.0.1 that would not work against
1.0.0 which seems undesirable for a bugfix release. I read over the book
section on compatibility and didn't see this addressed, so I thought I'd
ask.

I think this is allowed. Did not check it though.

Enis