hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Belousov <sergey.belou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase shell (JRuby) access to internal classes for schema management
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 04:03:49 GMT
Thank you Esteban for reply

I tried to do  @hbase.hbase_admin but I could not call any methods from
HBaseAdmin,
for example when I do

hbase(main):001:0> @shell.hbase_admin

I got
=> #<Hbase::Admin:0x43fda8d9
@conf=#<Java::OrgApacheHadoopConf::Configuration:0x7318daf8>,
@formatter=#<Shell::Formatter::Console:0x600f5704 @out=Kernel,
@max_width=236, @row_count=0>,
@admin=#<Java::OrgApacheHadoopHbaseClient::HBaseAdmin:0x2503ec73>>

but
 @shell.hbase_admin.listTables
NoMethodError: undefined method `listTables' for #<Hbase::Admin:0x79b2852b>

or
@shell.hbase_admin.getTableRegions('t')
NoMethodError: undefined method `getTableRegions' for
#<Hbase::Admin:0x79b2852b>

shell is more or interactive tool from what I see but as I mentioned I want
to use it in a scripts for our schema updates

starting with checking for table exist. than need to check regions and
create new base on some conditions etc...

How I can get to full admin/table class in the shell without duplicating
all code in my scripts? I am very new to JRuby and I looks like I just
missing something here...

thank you,