hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flapping tests on 1.1.0RC0 branch
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 23:27:01 GMT
I don't see any of the flakiness of the builds that run on Apache Jenkins
when running the suite locally for every release candidate, not even after
20 repetitions, not even after 20 repetitions on three different JVMs (6,
7, and 8). I have the luxury of an EC2 instance type that is big enough to
be a single tenant on its hardware host. The Apache Jenkins worker pool in
contrast is made up of VMs running on loaded up hosts and some workers in
the pool just won't work, we've had to exclude them. (We might need to
exclude more.) For what it's worth as a data point, as 0.98 RM I've written
off ASF Jenkins and just use my own resources.

It's also curious that the precommit builds seem to do better than the
others.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy