hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <Yulin...@DELL.com>
Subject RE: is there any way to configure hbase (0.94.15) so that the flag 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE' becomes false?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:36:45 GMT
Hi All,

I actually looked into the Hadoop core source code a bit more and understood that 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE'
flag is set not from the configuration files, but from checking if the method 'isSecurityEnabled'
exists in UserGroupInformation class in Hadoop core.

I also debugged and found out the problem happens when running subject.getPrincipals(User.class).
Since this returns empty set, the .iterator().next() throws NoSuchMethodException.
[cid:image001.png@01D07200.B393AAB0]

The question is that a) it seems to be a bug in Hadoop core 1.0.4. Is there any version that
fixes this bug?

                                 b) We do not care about the security feature in Hadoop core
( at least not at this stage), is there any lower version of Hadoop core that can work with
HBase 0.94.15?

                                 c) Any other suggestions for us to work around this issue?

Thanks very much,

YuLing