hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <Yulin...@DELL.com>
Subject is there any way to configure hbase (0.94.15) so that the flag 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE' becomes false?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 17:20:52 GMT
Hi All,

I'm using an HBase client deployed in OSGI Karaf console and in some scenarios, it's causing
trouble for me to get connection to HBase server. I dug into the root cause and found in some
cases, when the HConnectionManager tries to get connection by calling HConnectionKey(conf),
it runs User.getCurrent(), and eventually called UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(). In
the case when IS_HADOOP_SECURE is on, it throws exception.

I was wondering if there's any configuration in HBase that we can use to turn 'IS_HADOOP_SECURE'
to false?

Thanks very much,
YuLing