hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Rose, Joseph" <Joseph.R...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Status of Huawei's 2' Indexing?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 20:39:08 GMT

I’ve been looking over the Jira tickets for the secondary indexing
mechanism Huawei had started to integrate back in 2013 (@see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10222 ). The code was
developed against 0.94 and it seems like a lot of work was done — but then
it suddenly stops (the last update to HBASE-10222, the ticket for the work
that actually adds secondary indexes, was a bit over a year ago. The last
update for the load balancer work was from early last fall.)

Is there work on this that I don’t see?

I understand I can run this using Huawei’s code for 0.94 but I was hoping
for a more recent hbase build. And I’ve tried applying the patches in
HBASE-10222 (hope springs eternal); naturally there were some failures. I
thought I’d ask here before trying to work through the failed hunks — and
ask if you think that’s even a good idea in the first place.

Thanks for your input!

View raw message