hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Commits on master, branch-1, and 0.98 but missing from branch-1.0
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 03:14:27 GMT
Hi folks,

It looks like there's quite a few commits that were missing on the
branch-1.0 line. When porting patches from master to current release
branches, please remember that a patch must land on all non-retired
branches "greater than" a target branch. For example, to back-port to 0.98,
it must also be committed to master, branch-1, and branch-1.0.

My JIRA-foo is weak, but the advanced query "project = HBASE AND fixVersion
in (1.1.0, 1.1.1) AND fixVersion not in (1.0.0, 1.0.1)" reveals a number of
tickets resolved against 0.98.x and 1.1.0 but not 1.0.1. I've
double-checked a number of these to find the issue lacking from the git
commit history on branch-1.0.

Thanks,
Nick