hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client-Server wire compatibility?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 05:21:05 GMT
My point was that we cannot make this guarantee as there's a client
embedded in the master (and perhaps other places). We can't enforce the
order in which components are upgraded, which makes it possible for the new
client in the new master to reach out to an old RS during the rolling
upgrade.

I suppose it's possible the client in the master is never used outside of
localhost, I haven't checked that bit.