hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TableInputFormatBase deprecated issue
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 04:35:52 GMT
All of the code in mapred was considered deprecated because Hadoop had been
saying for a while that org.apache.hadoo.mapreduce (as opposed to
org.apache.hadoop.mapred) would be best supported MR framework. So HBase
wanted to push users to use that set of classes.

However it's become pretty apparent that way too many applications have
been built on both of the different sets of classes. Hence Hadoop will have
to support mapred and mapreduce fully. Hence HBase will support both, as we
want users to have the best options available.

If it were me creating new code I would still choose
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat.java
over
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapred/TableInputFormat.java