hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] "Convenience binaries" bundling Phoenix
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:17:02 GMT
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
wrote:

> ‚Äč
> My first reaction is that the convenience binaries better belong in
> phoenix than
> here.
>
> That would, potentially, be something good for them. However, the proposal
> here is really about shipping a packaged version of HBase with the
> additional capabilities offered by Phoenix. If this is about "us" and
> "them", then the benefit here is for "us", not "them". Just want to clarify
> if that wasn't clear in my original mail.

I like the way you put it.

I was just thinking it 'easier' for the phoenix project to do such a
project since they are doing this work making a release anyways and also,
I'd think that users who wanted such a packaging would expect to find it
over in phoenix rather than here.

I'd not object (not unless I were RM'ing).

St.Ack