hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dependency compatibility
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 21:23:09 GMT
I'm not a fan of breaking the compat guide lines we set up in our first
minor release. ;(

Can we do something even more generic like shade [1] our dependencies for
some of the common sources of dependency pain like guava, jackson, and
netty?  This way we decouple hbase's pain from hadoop's and allow clients
to choose their own versions of libs to use.  We'd likely still cause some
inconvenience for 1.0 ->1.1 but this should eliminate this problem from
biting us again if we are on hadopo 3.x->3.x+1 and hbase 2.y and hbase
2.y+1.

Jon.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

--