hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase security issue
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:28:51 GMT
No, ExportSnapshot does not use DistCp it runs its own M/R job to copy data
over to a new destination.

In a map task it uses HDFS API to create/write data to a new destination.
Therefore, the easiest way to secure communication
during this operation is to use secure HDFS transport.
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/v4-3-1/CDH4-Security-Guide/cdh4sg_topic_14_2.html

but there is caveat ...

ExportSnapshot does not support external cluster configuration - you can't
provide path to external cluster config dir. This seems like a good feature
request.

-Vlad