hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of Huawei's 2' Indexing?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:21:33 GMT
There are some substantial architectural differences of opinion among the
community on this feature as I understand it, so it's unlikely that JIRA
will ever see a commit without a lot more work, if ever.

A similar feature was later introduced into Apache Phoenix, which in this
context may best be described as an extension package for HBase offering a
suite of relational data management features. You may want to check out
http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-933 for background.

--
Best regards,