hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira role cleanup
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:38:59 GMT
> I think Jira management should be left to the committers. One can pretty
much mess up a release, and make it hard to account for what's in and
what's not when jiras are changed the around (the ultimate truth can be
reconstructed from the git commit records, but that's tedious).

I agree we should avoid allowing contributors to change JIRA metadata if
this is possible to restrict. Our commit log conventions aren't universally
followed, due to human error, so they are not all tagged with issue
identifiers, or the correct identifier.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy