hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.11 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 3/9/2015
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 17:47:05 GMT
- built from source
- ran tests: loaded 100 millions of rows, millions of delete markers, some with many columns
and/or versions, flushed, compacted, tested various encodings and compressions, scanned, checked
performance, and much more

All good.
-- Lars
      From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:03 AM
 Subject: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.11 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing
​​​​​The 1st HBase 0.98.11 release candidate (RC0) is available for
download at http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.11RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository

The API compatibility report with respect to the previous release can be
found at
. The Public/Evolving class ServerLoad had the return type of two methods
changed from 'int' to 'long'. This change was introduced by HBASE-12961 and
fixes an integer overflow bug in request metrics, see discussion on that
issue. The contract for 'Evolving' says incompatible changes are allowed in
minor releases.

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found at http://s.apache.org/Glh

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on March 9​ ​on whether or not we should release this as​
​0.98.11. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

Best regards,

  - Andy

(via Tom White)