hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Wilm Schumacher <wilm.schumac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase 1.1 and MOB-Feature
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:15:00 GMT
Am 24.03.2015 um 03:07 schrieb Nick Dimiduk:
> Thanks for chiming in Jon.
>
> I'd like to see the MOB feature included in 1.1, so long as it can be
> shipped disabled by default to avoid surprises for unrelated users.
I agree, but do not understand your point. MOB is something to turn on
(by setting mob => true at the creation of the table). Could you point
out, what's on your mind by "disabled by default"?

> That
> said, it will depend on contributors' bandwidth to port the patches. Since
> Jon is willing, it seems likely that the feature will be included in 1.1.
> Maybe you have some bandwidth to help him with the porting efforts?
I'm in contact with Jon. I think together we will find a good way to
combine our bandwidths and get this done. Perhaps I can help with some
testing, auditing and bug killing.

> As for the release subsequent to 1.1, it will be up for the community to
> decide, probably sometime around the 3rd quarter of 2015. I haven't heard
> any volunteers for 2.0 RM yet, nor for 1.2.
okay. Thx for the info. This will be an interesting discussion, as the
API changes quite fundamental with 2.0.0. I'm looking forward to the 3rd
quarter of 2015 ;).

Best wishes

Wilm