hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: hbase security issue
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:25:27 GMT
> But ExportSnapshot supports exporting to a remote target cluster. Give the
> full hdfs url.
yes, I’ve tried it using hdfs://host:port/path <hdfs://host:port/path>, and succeed.
But the problem is, as I understood it is not secure. Or am I wrong?

> You can also specify the remote target with a httpfs or webfdfs url, which
> then you can leverage SSL on the transport.
Could you please provide meow information regarding this point. Thank you.

> You also can copy to local cluster and use DistCp to copy to remote cluster.
The only solution I can image for secure transferring snapshot from cluster1 in datacenter1
to cluster2 in datacenter2 is to create snapshot in local storage, and then copy it using
distcp. Am I right?