hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira role cleanup
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 04:07:00 GMT
Not sure what jira does about an assignee when (s)he is removed from the contributors list
(I know you have to add a person to the contributors list order to assign a jira to them).Other
than the committers, we probably have at least one jira assigned to a contributor (otherwise
why add him/her as contributor).
Can we change the jira rules in our space to allow assigning jiras to users even when they're
not listed as contributors?
We do not have a formal contributor status (why not?), so this list is only needed because
of jira.
-- Lars

      From: Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com>
 To: dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 9:09 AM
 Subject: Re: Jira role cleanup
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>

> +1
> I think it would be fine to trim the contributor list too. We can always
> add people back on demand in order to (re)assign issues.
I wasn't sure how we generate the list of contributors. But then I noticed
that we don't link to jira for it like I thought we did[1].

How about I make a saved jira query for people who have had jira's assigned
to them, add a link to that query for our "here are the contributors"
section, and then trim off from the role anyone who hasn't been assigned an
issue in the last year?

[1]: http://hbase.apache.org/team-list.html