hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minor release cadence for branch-1
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:33:51 GMT
I don't think we have enough release managers or enough bandwidth as a
community to evaluate RC's for a monthly minor release cycle. My
understanding was that we'd continue doing patch releases on the monthly
cycle (RM's willing) and spin minor releases as we have new RM's volunteer.
I don't think we've had a discussion about how long we'd like a minor
release to stay active in the post-1.0 world, so this is a good topic to
broach.

That is, of course, unless Enis signed up to RM the whole 1.x release
lifecycle. In which case, he has right of first refusal on the whole
line. That was not my understanding, however.

-n