hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jigneshmpa...@gmail.com>
Subject data base design question
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:35:28 GMT
I have a requirement where I have to define two entities: orders and
results.
Now each order can have multiple results, for db design I will have two

Option 1: Create an embedded entity of results and store it as list object
inside order tabel as one of the column field.
Option 2. Create a separate table of orders and results and build secondary
index inside solr where for given order id, multiple results ids are mapped.

Is there a better alternative than  above options for one to many
relationships?